Vulvodynia Specialists - Find Vulvodynia Doctors, Physicians

Vulvodynia specialists

Some women may begin their quest for treatment at their local gynecologist or internal medicine specialist office. Most however, require a vulvar specialist who is experienced in vulvar disease, vulvoscopy and the new treatments. It is advisable to seek out a specialist. A vulvar specialist may be located at The National Vulvodynia Association (  This organization has a comprehensive database of health care providers who treat vulvar conditions.  It provides web addresses and additional information concerning specialty, type of practice and number of cases seen on a monthly basis. It can be searched by geographical area as well.

The International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease ( may also be an excellent resource for up to date information, research and providers who specialize in vulvovaginal disorders.

Other specialists you may need include genitopelvic physical therapy, and a mental health professional. A person with Vulvodynia may also see a neurologist, pain management specialist and an urogynecologist if there are bladder or urinary concerns.

If you are suffering from sexual complaints associated or caused by the vulvar condition, a good therapist or counselor who specializes in sexual pain may be located at the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health ( or American Association of Sexual Educators, Counselors and Therapists ( The International Society for Sexual Medicine ( and the European Society for Sexual Medicine ( are also excellent resources.

Vulvar Dystrophy




Read more about symptoms affecting the vulva and vagina that may be causing discomfort or pain.

Learn more


Read more about vulvar and vaginal disorders that affect women and their quality of life.

Learn more